The 135th Annual Veiled Prophet Parade
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Parade Participant Application
The Veiled Prophet Organization’s mission is to showcase the civic pride and spirit of the people of the Greater Saint Louis area through an annual patriotic and educational celebration. The Organization is made up entirely of volunteers.
The Organization reserves the right to refuse any entry into the Parade that does not depict the Parade’s purpose or does not adhere to the policies of the Organization. Parade entrants agree to abide by all rules and decisions of the Organization. Decisions of the Parade Selection Committee are final and not subject to review by any other body.
This application is intended to provide information necessary to choose the most appropriate units that complement the family oriented, patriotic spirit of the Parade and this year’s theme: “Hats Off To Heroes.” Please provide as complete a description as possible, a photograph of your unit or an artist’s rendering (not returnable) of a proposed unit that has yet to be constructed. The photograph or artist’s rendering must depict all vehicles, floats and tows that are part of your unit.
You should know that if your unit is chosen, the information you provide might be used for several purposes including publication for use by all interested media, as well as the V.P. Parade Program. Therefore, please let us know of any unique characteristics or personalities involved with your unit so that we may feature this in our media kit and press releases.
- To help assure the safety of children and spectators along the route, throwing candy, trinkets, or goodies of any kind or use of water guns and pistols are strictly prohibited!
- In the interest of safety, all motorized units over 20 feet in length, and/or vehicles with children 13 years of age or younger riding, are required to have a minimum of two (2) wheel walkers per side.
- All motorized, equestrian, and float units must provide proof of insurance in order to comply with requirements of the Parade insurance provider.
- Motorized units, floats, and units with generators must carry a fire extinguisher.
- In the interest of safety, weapons, firearms, and/or explosives, including fire crackers, cannot be allowed except as carried by law enforcement/security officials.
- No person marching in the Parade is permitted to carry or display, or cause to be displayed any sign or other material which identifies him or her as a candidate for any elected or appointed office, or which advocates any position on any topic of public debate.
- No commercial units or signage advertising commercial enterprises/products are permitted in the Parade.
Failure to comply with Parade Rules can result in removal from the Parade at any point.
In order to be considered, please mail completed application(s), a photograph or artist’s rendering of your unit, and proof of insurance BEFORE Thursday, April 27, 2017 to:
You will be notified by early June whether or not your application has been accepted.