The mission of the VP Community Service Initiative (CSI) is “To improve the lives of all who call St. Louis home” Started in 2003, CSI has provided members and their daughters opportunities for community service, as part of their overall relationship with the VP organization. The initial focus was on involvement by the young women who were being presented at the annual Veiled Prophet Ball.
Today, the project includes members and their families of all ages. Participation increases each year and reflects our ongoing commitment to the founding purpose, “to promote commerce and service to the community.” In 2015 we are partnered with 14 charities, providing volunteers for over 20 projects this summer. These workdays total more than 4,000 volunteer hours.
The impact of this grass roots volunteer effort continues to grow! Each summer more than 400 volunteers come together:
- To pack more than 65,000 meals for Food Outreach
- To beautify the City Hall grounds for Brightside St. Louis
- To renovate or repair 40 homes for Beyond Housing
- To help build a playground and install a Flagpole on the U.S. VETS campus
- To serve meals for residents at St. Patrick’s Center
- To design and paint an eighty foot mural in the North Side Community School gymnasium
|Beyond Housing||North Side Community School|
|Brightside St. Louis||Rainbow Village|
|Food Outreach||St. Louis County Parks|
|Forest Park Forever||St. Patrick's Center|
|Girls Inc.||U.S. VETS|
|Great Circle||VP Parade|
|Marian Middle School||YWCA|
The VP Community Service Initiative continues to expand and could only be possible through the efforts of our many volunteers and supporters.